Nov 12, 2020
Overview: Candi lives with Muscular Dystrophy.
She shares how it progressed and how it changed her physical
capabilities over her lifetime, and what it’s like to date and to
have sex with a visible disability. She also opens up about loving
rough sex and BDSM, despite an appearance—and often others’
Public Service Announcement: Never judge a book
by its wheels.
- 4:30 - Candi shares her first memory of sexual desire, a
seemingly spontaneous discovery of masturbation in 9th She grew up
in a conservative Christian family and sex was not discussed.
- 7:46 - She talks about being flat-chested in high school, and
being such a late bloomer that her mom never gave her the period
talk and she only knew what was happening because of Sex Ed.
- 14:56 - Candi stays a virgin until she’s 22, influenced both by
purity culture and fear of the unknown.
- 16:50 - She meets a cute boy with a leg brace in a boring class
and they bond. She boldly asks him out.
- 19:53 - Her first sexual experience happens and leaves her
feeling both curiosity and disappointment.
- 21:44 - Candi explains her Muscular Dystrophy.
- 26:46 - She reflects back to her first sexual experience
through the lens of her disability and what the experience was like
with her body.
- 29:43 - She goes into her next sexual experience in a way would
- 35:54 - She opens up about the great sex she had, and the
positions that managed it, with the random work guy she wasn’t
- 39:00 - Liking aggressive sex is completely normal; also, be
careful with choking.
- 40:04 - Candi meets a guy on a dating app, and after an
interesting first meeting, he introduces her to BDSM and blows her
- 50:04 - She opens up about how hard it is to watch able people
enjoy romantic and life milestones that seem to pass her by despite
her competence and energy.
The Patreon extras for this
- Candi talked me through her Muscular Dystrophy progression from
the point of view of the different equipment she used over time,
eventually needing a full-power wheelchair beginning in 2017
- The extra 25 minutes we didn’t have time for in the regular
episode - Candi talks about the BDSM scene that went wrong, her
journey of inner healing and growth, and the types of men that
she’s attracted to.
Book a PJ Party!!! All the info and
registrations are at www.leahcarey.com/pjparty
FACEBOOK GROUP: www.facebook.com/groups/goodgirlstalk
CALL-IN: Want to leave a message for Leah? Call
PATREON: Become a community supporter at
RATE THIS POD: Leave a rating and review at
BE A GUEST: Want to be on the show? Visit
COACHING: Want to talk with Leah directly?
Host – Leah Carey (website, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, email)
Audio Editor – Gretchen Kilby
Music – Nazar Rybak